Lo Sparviere Franciacorta D.O.C.G. Satèn

Only Chardonnay grapes from the youngest vineyards go to produce Franciacorta Satèn. The result is a crisp, fresh Franciacorta that is at the same time smooth and velvety. Satèn’s lower pressure, compared to other Franciacorta, yields a delicate, long-lingering and creamy bead. This characteristic enables Satèn to offer a palate striking for its delicate impression of pure silk.


DENOMINATION: Franciacorta D.O.C.G. Satèn

GRAPE VARIETY: 100% Chardonnay

VINEYARD LOCATION: Facing northeast at an altitude of 150 – 200 metres, in Provaglio d’Iseo

ORIGIN AND SOIL PROFILE: Marl with limestone-clay bedrock


HARVEST: Selection of grapes in vineyard, harvested by hand into small crates

HARVEST PERIOD: Starting in the last third of August

VINIFICATION: The small crates of Chardonnay are left for 24-36 hours in a refrigerating room at a temperature of 4°C, cooling the grapes to 10°C to improve varietal aroma extraction. The chilled grapes are taken to the press for a gentle, whole-cluster pressing: 80% of the free-run must is fermented in stainless steel at controlled temperature and the remaining 20% in 5 hl tonneaux where it undergoes malolactic fermentation. Then the base wines mature sur lie until assemblage of the cuvée

SUR LIE BOTTLE-AGEING: At least 24 months

INDICATIVE TECHNICAL DATA: Alcohol: 12% vol. – Total acidity: 6.0 – 6.50 g/L – pH: 3.20 – Sugar: 7 – 8 g/L

BEAD: Fine, delicate and lingering

APPEARANCE: Intense straw yellow

NOSE: The elegance of the floral notes beautifully harmonises with the sweet notes of fresh-baked pastry

PALATE: Creamy, full-bodied, and appealing


PAIRING SUGGESTIONS: Classic as an aperitif and a true gem with light first courses, fish dishes and lighter meats

Download the tech sheet here.